West State Super
West State Super is a market linked super scheme. This means that you’re part of a pooled investment scheme where investment value depends on the movements of a particular market.
It is also an untaxed accumulation scheme, so contributions and investment earnings aren’t taxed until you access your benefits, which can lead to some great tax-saving opportunities through salary sacrifice.
Contributions to your West State Super scheme can come from your state government employer or your own personal contributions. You can also rollover your super from other funds.
Be certain of your retirement savings
The untaxed nature of West State means that, unlike most other Australian super funds, tax is not paid on any contributions or on investment earnings that your super account receives while it accumulates. However, tax is payable on your benefit when it is paid to you.
West State Super offers a number of features, including:
- below average fees (with no entry, exit, switching or withdrawal fees)
- efficient investment costs
- the ability to accumulate an untaxed benefit of up to $1.395 million and still be concessionally taxed
- tax is deferred (until your benefit is paid or rolled over to a taxed fund)
- flexibility to control which assets your super is invested in (through your choice of investment plan)
- automatic insurance cover for eligible members and the flexibility to vary it
Why it’s important to get advice on your scheme
A StatePlus financial planner can offer professional, tailored advice on your West State scheme. Speak with one of our experts, to find out about:
- choosing the right investment options for you
- making the most of tax concessions
- using excess income for wealth creation
- Centrelink assessments
We can also provide decision support around retirement planning and investment strategies.
Advice tailored to suit you
When it comes to providing advice about your scheme, you can have complete confidence in StatePlus.
Our financial planners are experts in public sector schemes. We understand the rules and have 25 years of experience in navigating them, to get the best outcomes for you.
At StatePlus, our service is personalised. Our expert planners can help you make the best decisions for your future. We can provide advice on your terms, through either an ongoing relationship with your planner or on an ad-hoc basis, as you need it.
For more information about West State Super and to talk with a financial planner, call your friendly team member today or book on 1800 620 305.
Visit one of our seminars to find out more about preparing for retirement.